So here I am, writing up a recipe for a second mango chutney! Shows you how much we love it I guess!
This one is completely yeast free (no vinegar), refined sugar free and tastes amazing 🙂
This is my husband’s favourite – I think I’m going to have to make a big batch and freeze it in portions so that whenever we eat curry, wraps, rosti (and many other things!), we can just take one out of the freezer to defrost for when we’re ready, yum!
- 1 tbsp odourless/mild coconut oil
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice I always use the pulp too
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 ripe mangos
- Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan and fry the onion for about 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and the spices and fry for a further minute.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for about half an hour, stirring regularly throughout. Leave the lid off the pan for the last 5 minutes if you think the sauce needs to thicken up, otherwise leave the lid on.
- I used a potato masher at this point to further crush the pieces of mango into the sauce, you may want to or not 🙂 Serve and enjoy!